Click for BBLUNT VISION Clik for interviews email facebook facebook

22 March 2009

Fat Joe reckons he's the prince of Africa.. hahaha


Fat Joe recently spoke about his forthcoming album Jealous Ones Still Envy 2 along with his and Akon’s status as rap royalty in Africa.

Despite being criticized for his explicit N-word usage in songs and interviews, Joey Crack addressed the respect he receives and why he filmed his music video “One” from Africa.

“Africa, what a lovely place,” Joe said in an interview. “The video looks beautiful. Akon, it was an honor to work with him. We’ve been friends for years and featured on tracks together. We finally got our own record together. He’s the King of Africa. I’m the Prince of Africa. I get nothing but love from Africa. The people are amazing. It was a natural thing for me and ‘Kon to get together and make a song.”

Joe has discussed the heat he’s received in the past for being a Puerto Rican artist using the racially-targeted N-word, most notably on his song “The Fugitive.”

“I’m with Khaled on that speedy boat,” Joe raps, “When it comes to latin emcees there’s none bigga/ Now who’s gonna tell me that I can’t say n*gga/ N*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga n*gga b*tch h*e/ ‘Cause some independent ladies yeah they make a lotta dough/ So they nothin’ but love and respect from Fat Joe.”

While Joe’s album has been pushed back to May 19, the Bronx, New York emcee promises a strong release.

“I’ve just been making that hit mania,” Joe said in an interview. “It just feels big. My first album Jealous Ones Still Envy was my biggest album and I haven’t did no album to this day that I felt I made music as big as that. So I just went hit mania on this one right here. It feels great.”

His upcoming solo project will feature a diverse grouping of artists and producers.

Joe’s new project will have guest appearances by Ron Browz, Fabolous, Lil’ Kim, T-Pain, Lil’ Wayne, Raekwon, Akon along with production from Jim Jonsin, The Incredibles and The Street Runners. Cuts from the album include “One” and “Winding On Me.”



(source: sohh)

No comments:

Post a Comment